Are you looking for an easy and delicious way to cook air fryer boneless chicken thighs? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will provide a simple recipe that is sure to be both quick and tasty. We’ll also provide some tips and tricks on how to make the most of your meal. With just a few ingredients, you can have a delicious dish ready in no time at all. So let’s get started!
What are air fryer boneless chicken thighs?
Air fryer boneless chicken thighs are an incredibly delicious and healthy way to prepare chicken. These boneless thigh pieces are cooked in a convection-style air fryer, which uses hot air to cook the food at high temperatures, with little or no added fat or oil needed.
The result is juicy, tender pieces of chicken that have all the flavor of fried chicken without the unhealthy fats. The unique flavor comes from the combination of spices and seasonings used in the marinade or coating on the thighs prior to air frying them.
What are the calories in air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs?
Air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs are a delicious and nutritious meal that can be cooked quickly in an air fryer.
- Not only are they packed with protein but they’re also an excellent source of other important nutrients such as vitamin A, B vitamins, iron, and zinc. In addition to this, air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs provide a good amount of healthy fats, dietary fiber, and selenium.
- When it comes to calories, one serving of air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs contains approximately 200-220 calories per serving.
- When it comes to nutrition, one serving of air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs contains approximately 17g of protein, 7g of fat, and 2g of carbohydrates. This is a great source of lean protein which helps to maintain muscle mass while providing you with essential vitamins and minerals.
Additionally, the small amount of carbohydrates present in this dish keeps you energized throughout the day by providing you with energy from glucose within those carbs.
In terms of vitamins and minerals, air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs provide a significant amount including
- Vitamin A is important for good vision and immune system function
- Vitamin B6 which helps produce red blood cells
- Iron which is critical for transporting oxygen around the body
- Zinc which supports a healthy immune system
- Selenium helps protect against cell damage from free radicals.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a convenient meal that’s both delicious and nutritious then look no further than air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs!
Not only do they taste great but they’re packed with essential vitamins and minerals that can help support your overall health and well-being. Plus, with just 200-220 calories per serving these make a great low-calorie dinner choice!
List of ingredients needed to make air fryer boneless chicken thighs
1. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – 2-3 pounds of thighs, or however many you prefer for your desired amount of servings.
2. Olive oil – 1 tablespoon for every pound of chicken thighs.
3. Salt and pepper – You can use whatever seasonings you would like here, but salt and pepper are essential for the perfect flavor.
4. Balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon per pound of chicken thighs to give it a tangy, zesty flavor.
5. Spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, Italian Seasoning, paprika, parsley flakes, or chili powder – Feel free to experiment with other spices and herbs depending on what taste you’re after!
6. Cornstarch – 1-2 tablespoons per pound of chicken thighs to help bind any other seasoning ingredients together and add extra crunchiness when cooked in the air fryer!
7. Cooking spray – A light coating of cooking spray helps prevent sticking in the air fryer and adds an extra layer of crispiness to the finished product.
How to prepare air fryer boneless chicken thighs for cooking?
Step 1: Gather the ingredients for air fryer boneless chicken thighs. These should include boneless chicken thighs, olive oil, fresh rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and sea salt.
Step 2: Wash the chicken thighs with cold water and pat dry them with paper towels. This will help them get crispy when cooked in the air fryer.
Step 3: Place the chicken thighs onto a cutting board and season both sides of each thigh with olive oil. Use a brush or spoon to evenly spread the oil across the top and bottom of each thigh.
Step 4: Sprinkle the fresh rosemary over the top of each thigh followed by equal amounts of garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and sea salt. Make sure to spread these spices evenly across all sides of each thigh for optimum flavor.
Step 5: Place one layer of chicken thighs into your air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 8 minutes on each side. After 16 minutes has elapsed from the start time, open your air fryer basket to check if they are cooked; they should have an internal temperature of 165°F or higher before serving.
Step 6: Remove the cooked chicken thighs from your air fryer basket onto a plate or cutting board and serve immediately while hot! Enjoy!
Should you marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs in air fryer?
Marinating boneless skinless chicken thighs in an air fryer can be a great way to add flavor and moisture to your dish. Not only that, but it can make the chicken even juicier, tender, and more flavorful.
The marinade helps to break down the proteins in the meat, allowing it to become more tender while also adding a flavorful touch.
If you’re looking for an easy way to bring some extra flavor and moisture into your kitchen creations, marinating boneless skinless chicken thighs in an air fryer is a great option.
Air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs time and temperature
What temperature should you cook your air fryer boneless chicken thighs?
When it comes to air frying boneless chicken thighs, there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to the ideal temperature. Ultimately, you’ll want to aim for an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit (74° Celsius) or higher in order to ensure that the chicken is cooked through and safe to eat.
When air frying chicken thighs, it’s best to start with a temperature of 400° Fahrenheit (204° Celsius). This will give you a nice crispy exterior while ensuring that the interior of the thigh is cooked all the way through.
It’s important not to overcook your boneless chicken thighs, so make sure to check them often with a food thermometer as they cook.
How long air fryer boneless chicken thighs?
How long to air fry boneless chicken thighs at 350?
Cooking boneless chicken thighs in an air fryer is a tasty and healthy way to prepare poultry. It’s important to know the right temperature and time to achieve perfectly cooked, juicy chicken every time. At 350°F (176°C), you can expect boneless chicken thighs to take about 20 minutes in an air fryer.
How long to air fry boneless chicken thighs at 375?
In order to ensure your chicken thighs turn out juicy and flavorful, it is important to season them properly before air frying. Once your chicken is seasoned and ready to go, you can pop them into the air fryer for about 15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
How long to air fry boneless chicken thighs at 400?
Generally speaking, if you’re cooking boneless chicken thighs at 400 degrees Fahrenheit in an air fryer, you should plan for about 20 minutes of total cook time.
How to air fry boneless chicken thighs?
1) Begin by preheating your air fryer to 350°F. Once it is ready, lightly spray the cooking tray with cooking oil of your choice.
2) Take the boneless chicken thighs and season them with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices. Place the chicken thighs on the pre-greased cooking tray in a single layer making sure none of them are overlapping each other.
3) Insert the cooking tray into the air fryer and set it for 18 minutes. The timer will alert you when there are 3 minutes left for cooking.
4) To ensure even cooking, you can flip or rotate the chicken thighs halfway through the cooking process, as instructed in your air fryer’s manual. Once both sides of the chicken thighs turn golden brown in color and they are cooked through (165°F internal temperature), they are ready to be taken out from the air fryer.
5) Remove the cooked boneless chicken thighs using tongs or oven mitts onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess fat if any and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
6) Enjoy your delicious homemade fried chicken!
Marinades and Rubs – What can be used to add flavor to your dish
Marinades and Rubs:
1. Teriyaki Marinade – a classic Japanese marinade made with soy sauce, sake, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger that adds a savory sweetness to chicken, beef, or tofu.
2. Balsamic Vinaigrette – A light and flavorful marinade made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced shallots, Dijon mustard, honey, parsley, and oregano leaves create an aromatic marinade perfect for vegetables or white meats such as chicken.
3. Mojo Criollo – A Cuban-style marinade made from orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, ground cumin, dried oregano leaves, and fresh cilantro is bright and citrusy – perfect for pork or seafood dishes.
4. Harissa Marinade – This North African-inspired spiced blend of red chiles, garlic cloves, olive oil, and spices like cumin seeds is perfect for lamb chops or other cuts of lamb.
5. Soy-Ginger Marinade – A Chinese-style marinade made with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and ginger is great on beef short ribs or other red meats.
6. Chimichurri Marinade – An Argentinian favorite consisting of parsley leaves blended with olive oil along with minced garlic cloves, oregano leaves, and red pepper flakes makes for a zesty steak or fish marinade.
7. Pesto Rub – Get creative with this Italian classic using basil leaves mixed with extra virgin olive oil along with grated Parmesan cheese to coat your favorite proteins before cooking them up in the oven or on the grill.
8. Barbecue Spice Rub – Add some smoky heat to your proteins using a blend of paprika powder along with chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cumin, coriander seed, mustard seed, oregano leaves, and brown sugar.
9. Mediterranean Spice Rub – Mix up rosemary leaves along with thyme leaves, oregano leaves, coriander seed, cumin seed, sea salt flakes, and cracked black pepper in order to add herby depth to any poultry dish you’re grilling up this summer season!
10. Jerk Paste – Give your food some Caribbean flair by making a paste out of Scotch bonnet peppers blended together with allspice berries, scallions/shallots, thyme leaves, garlic cloves, and nutmeg to rub onto pork tenderloins or grilled shrimp skewers!
Ideas for serving your delicious air fryer boneless chicken thighs
1. Create an Asian-inspired stir fry with air fryer boneless chicken thighs, served in a sweet and sour sauce, alongside fresh steamed vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and red bell pepper.
2. For a classic comfort food dish, bake air fryer boneless chicken thighs in a creamy mushroom sauce with fresh herbs and spices for flavor. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles for a hearty meal.
3. Give your air fryer boneless chicken thighs an Italian twist by coating them in homemade pesto and Parmesan cheese before baking them to perfection. Top with sun-dried tomatoes, olives, capers, and pine nuts for funky flavors.
4. A quick and easy lunch or dinner idea is to wrap air fryer boneless chicken thighs in bacon slices with some lemon zest and garlic powder sprinkled on top before they are cooked to crispy perfection in the air fryer.
5. Spice up your weeknights with Southwestern-style air fryer boneless chicken thighs smothered in salsa verde and cumin-spiked black beans topped with feta cheese crumbles and crunchy tortilla chips.
6. Mix together some honey mustard or BBQ sauce with olive oil to create a tasty marinade for your air fryer boneless chicken thighs before cooking them until golden brown for a tangy finish that’s sure to please everyone at the table!
7. For an extra indulgent meal, dip your cooked air fryer boneless chicken thighs into melted butter mixed with garlic powder and parsley then roll them around in crunchy panko breadcrumbs before recovering them until they turn into golden bites of deliciousness!
8. For even more flavor you can try stuffing your cooked air fryer boneless chicken thighs with a mixture of softened cream cheese, shallots, spinach leaves, parmesan cheese shreds & freshly ground black pepper to make irresistible pockets of deliciousness!
9. Bake up some Mediterranean-style crostini by spreading pesto onto slices of crusty baguette then topping each one with grilled air-fried boneless chicken thigh strips & diced tomatoes before sprinkling over some feta cheese! Serve as part of an appetizer platter or light lunch dish!
10. Make breakfast burritos that are packed full of flavor by stuffing warm flour tortillas with crispy cooked diced-up pieces of air-fried boneless chicken thighs plus scrambled eggs & shredded cheddar cheese along with other favorite toppings such as avocado slices & chopped green onions!
What is the best method to store air fryer boneless chicken thighs?
Step 1: Purchase boneless chicken thighs for the air fryer. Make sure to check the expiration dates, and buy from a trusted source such as a grocery store or meat market.
Step 2: Thoroughly wash and dry the chicken thighs. Remove any excess fat or skin that is necessary to reduce the fat content in the chicken.
Step 3: Cut each thigh into smaller pieces–such as strips, cubes, or slices–to ensure even cooking when placed in the air fryer.
Step 4: Place each cut piece onto a plate or tray, and season with your desired ingredients such as spices, herbs, tamari sauce or garlic powder. Allow this to sit for at least 10 minutes so that it absorbs any seasonings you have added.
Step 5: Preheat your air fryer according to the instructions on your manual and cook for 8-10 minutes depending on how large you cut your pieces of chicken thigh.
Step 6: Check and rotate each piece of chicken after about 5 minutes so that it cooks evenly on all sides. You can also spray oil into the fryer for extra crispiness if desired.
Step 7: Once cooked through, remove from heat and allow cooling before transferring to an airtight food container or resealable baggie to store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months depending on how quickly you plan on eating them.
Step 8: When reheating pre-cooked frozen chicken thighs in an air fryer, make sure they are completely thawed before placing them into the appliance -otherwise they will not cook evenly!
Heat times should be adjusted slightly since they are already cooked through–approximately 5-6 minutes will be enough time depending on the size of the pieces!
Tips for making a delicious meal with air fryer boneless chicken thighs
1. Pre-heat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before you start cooking the chicken thighs. This will make sure that your chicken is cooked evenly and thoroughly.
2. Rub olive oil and seasoning blend on the boneless chicken thighs for optimal flavor and crispiness.
3. Place the boneless chicken thighs in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overlapping, making sure not to overcrowd it.
4. Set a timer for 12 minutes, then shake or turn over your chicken pieces halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
5. Check on the chicken occasionally, testing with a food thermometer in the thickest part of each thigh to confirm that it is cooked through (the temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
6. If you’d like extra crispiness, turn up the heat at the end of cook time to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for another 3-5 minutes, checking on it every minute or so until desired crispiness is achieved.
7. When done, transfer cooked thighs onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil and let them rest for 5-10 minutes before serving for better taste and texture results!
Recipe for best air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Spicy honey mustard air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Start by marinating chicken thighs in a mixture of honey, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and pepper. Then place the chicken thighs in the air fryer at 360°F for 18 minutes. Serve with a side of roasted asparagus and potato wedges.
Mediterranean air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Start by marinating chicken thighs in olive oil, lemon zest, garlic cloves, herbs de Provence, oregano, and salt. Place the chicken thighs in the air fryer at 375°F for 17 minutes. Serve over a bed of couscous with a side of steamed green beans for a hearty meal.
Sesame ginger air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Marinate the chicken thighs in soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seed oil, and vinegar before air frying them at 390°F for 15 minutes. Serve these sweet and savory boneless chicken thighs over rice or noodles along with sautéed vegetables like bell peppers and carrots for an easy dinner option!
Indian-style air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Marinate the chicken thighs with Indian spices like cumin, turmeric, coriander, and garam masala before cooking them in an air fryer set to 380°F for 16 minutes. Serve these flavorful boneless chicken thighs over pilaf rice or warm naan bread along with raita sauce as a side dish!
Barbecue buffalo air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Combine barbecue sauce with hot sauce to create your own special buffalo sauce before marinating the boneless chicken thighs in it overnight or at least 2 hours ahead of time.
Then cook them in an air fryer set to 350°F for 18 minutes until golden brown. Pair this tasty dish with coleslaw on the side or celery sticks drizzled with ranch dressing!
Savory parmesan garlic air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Mix together grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder onion powder basil leaves oregano flakes black pepper olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt before coating each thigh evenly with this savory blend of ingredients before placing it into an air fryer preheated to 400°F for 15 minutes until cooked through completely.
Enjoy this delicious dish alongside mashed potatoes and broccoli florets!
Honey garlic air fryer boneless chicken thighs
Create your own tantalizing honey garlic glaze starting by mixing together honey soy sauce minced garlic ground ginger white vinegar sesame seed oil chili flakes and black pepper before marinating your boneless chicken thighs overnight or at least two hours ahead of time in it.
Then cook them in an air fryer preheated to 370°F for 17 minutes until crispy on the outside yet tender on the inside! Pair this scrumptious meal with steamed white jasmine rice stir-fried vegetables like mushrooms and bok choy on the side!
Can I use bone-in chicken thighs with skin instead?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken thighs with skin. This type of cut offers more flavor and a juicier texture than boneless, skinless chicken breasts. In addition to its succulent taste, using bone-in chicken thighs with skin helps to keep the meat moist during cooking.
Is it better to cook air fryer boneless chicken thighs fast or slow?
When it comes to air fryer boneless chicken thighs, there is a lot of debate as to whether it’s better to cook them fast or slow.
- Some people argue that cooking the chicken thighs quickly in an air fryer yields juicier and more succulent meat with a nice crisp exterior.
- Others prefer to take their time and cook their chicken slowly, believing that it produces a more flavorful and tender result. Ultimately, the answer depends on personal preference and even the cut of chicken thigh you select.
As we reach the end of this blog post, we hope that you feel encouraged to try cooking air fryer boneless chicken thighs. They are a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken and just as delicious. If you don’t have an air fryer, now is the time to invest in one. You won’t regret it!