BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs are a summer staple that can be cooked in many different ways. Whether you’re looking for something simple or something more creative, there’s sure to be a recipe out there for you!
In this article, we’ll provide four delicious recipes that will have your mouth watering and your guests asking for seconds. With these tips and tricks, you’ll learn how to perfectly cook BBQ boneless chicken thighs every time – no experience necessary! So get ready to fire up the grill and enjoy some tasty summertime treats.
Overview of BBQ boneless chicken thighs
What is the BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs?
BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs are a delicious and versatile dish that can be served as both a main entree and an accompaniment. The boneless thigh meat is juicy, tender, and full of flavor.
It is marinated in a special blend of spices, herbs, and other flavorful ingredients before it is cooked to perfection. This makes the dish especially tasty as the marinade helps to keep the chicken moist and tender while also infusing it with an unmistakable flavor.
Additionally, BBQ boneless chicken thighs can be cooked in just about any type of grill or oven-safe pan, giving you plenty of options for how to prepare it.
Health benefits of BBQ boneless chicken thighs?
1. BBQ boneless chicken thighs are an excellent source of high-quality protein. Each 3-ounce serving provides 20 grams of protein, making them a great choice for athletes and bodybuilders seeking to build muscle or maintain muscle mass.
2. The fat content in boneless chicken thighs is relatively low; each 3-ounce serving contains 5.3 grams of total fat and 1.8 grams of saturated fat. This makes them a heart-healthy option for those looking to keep their cholesterol levels in check and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Chicken thighs are a good source of several vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that can help protect against chronic illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. These include vitamins B6 and B12, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, niacin, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and magnesium.
4. Because they’re high in protein but low in fat content compared to other cuts of poultry such as chicken wings or breasts, BBQ boneless chicken thighs can also be beneficial when it comes to weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight.
The protein helps keep you feeling full longer so you don’t feel the need to snack on unhealthy foods between meals.
5. BBQ boneless chicken thighs are high in selenium which helps boost your immunity by fighting off harmful free radicals that can cause damage to cells in your body over time leading to chronic illness or disease.
Selenium is also important for proper thyroid function which affects growth and metabolism rates among other things within the body’s systems.
6. Eating BBQ boneless chicken thighs regularly can help improve bone health due to their high levels of calcium as well as vitamin D from cooking with oil like olive oil which helps your body absorb calcium more efficiently from the food you eat into your bones where it’s needed most.
7. By adding BBQ boneless chicken thighs into your diet on a regular basis you can get essential omega-3 fatty acids without consuming too much-saturated fat which is linked to various cardiovascular problems like hypertension or stroke if consumed regularly in large amounts over prolonged periods
Preparing BBQ Boneless chicken thighs
Checklist of ingredients for BBQ boneless chicken thighs
Checklist of Ingredients for BBQ boneless chicken thighs:
- Boneless chicken thighs (skinless, preferably organic)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spices and herbs of your choice such as garlic powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, thyme, chili powder, or rosemary
- Brown sugar or honey
- Soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- Apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Barbecue sauce of your choice (smoked paprika and chipotle chili are nice additions to a classic Texas-style barbecue sauce)
- Lime juice for an added zesty flavor
- Onion powder or onion flakes for added sweetness and aroma
- Dried parsley for garnishing
- Other optional add-ins, like tomato paste for a smoky flavor, red pepper flakes for heat, or liquid smoke for an extra smoky taste.
Can you marinate BBQ boneless chicken thighs before cooking?
Yes, you can marinate BBQ boneless chicken thighs before cooking them. BBQ boneless chicken thighs marinade is a great way to infuse flavor and moisture into the meat before it is cooked.
When marinating BBQ boneless chicken thighs, it is best to use an acidic liquid such as vinegar, citrus juice, or even yogurt to help tenderize the meat and break down the fibers while imparting flavor. This also helps to keep the chicken juicy during the cooking process.
How long to BBQ boneless chicken thighs cook?
Cooking boneless chicken thighs on the BBQ is a great way to make a savory meal. Depending on the size of your chicken thighs and the heat of your BBQ, it can take anywhere between 15-30 minutes to cook boneless chicken thighs.
How long to bake BBQ boneless chicken thighs at 350?
To get the best results, it’s important to know how long to bake them – too short, and the chicken will be undercooked, and too long and it will be dry. Generally, it takes about 25-30 minutes for boneless chicken thighs to cook through at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is the best BBQ boneless chicken thighs temp?
The best temperature to cook boneless chicken thighs on the BBQ is between 165 and 175 degrees Fahrenheit. To get the perfect combination of a juicy interior and a crispy exterior, the internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.
However, if you want to ensure food safety, you should aim for an internal temperature of 175 degrees, which will guarantee that any bacteria present in the meat are killed off.
Some methods to create your BBQ boneless chicken thighs perfectly
How to make BBQ boneless chicken thighs?
Barbecuing boneless chicken thighs is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal with your family.
- The first step is to choose boneless, skinless chicken thighs. These cuts of meat have a higher fat content which helps add flavor and moisture to the grilled dish.
- Next, coat the chicken in your favorite barbecue rub or marinade and thoroughly rub it into the flesh of each piece. This will give the finished product an extra flavor kick!
- Once you have your seasonings ready to go, preheat your grill over medium heat and allow it to warm up for 10-15 minutes.
- Place thawed chicken onto the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
If you like crispy skin, turn up the heat slightly so that the outside has nice char marks. When done remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
What is the best way to make grilled BBQ boneless chicken thighs?
The best way to make grilled BBQ boneless chicken thighs is by marinating them overnight in a mixture of oil, your favorite BBQ sauce, and other spices. This will allow the flavors to soak into the meat, making for tender and flavorful chicken that is sure to impress.
- When grilling, make sure to preheat the grill for at least 10 minutes before adding the chicken. Once on the grill, keep flipping regularly and basting every few minutes with additional BBQ sauce or marinade to keep the chicken moist and add more flavor.
- Grill until an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit is reached and then remove from heat. Before serving, let the thighs rest for 5-10 minutes to allow all of their juices to redistribute which will ensure juicy and succulent bites each time!
For even more flavor, consider basting with honey or adding some diced garlic right before grilling.
How to make the best oven baked BBQ boneless chicken thighs?
Making the perfect oven-baked BBQ boneless chicken thighs can be a daunting task. To ensure that your chicken comes out moist and succulent, it’s important to follow the proper steps.
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking dish with butter or non-stick spray, and place the boneless chicken thighs in the dish in one layer.
- Generously sprinkle BBQ seasonings, such as smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper over both sides of the chicken thighs. Then drizzle olive oil over each thigh so that all of the spices are moistened and will stay on the meat during cooking.
- Once the oven is preheated, bake the chicken for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes check for doneness with a thermometer; once an internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
- To complete your meal serve with roasted vegetables such as sweet potatoes or Brussels sprouts for a delicious and balanced dinner!
How do you know if BBQ boneless chicken thighs done?
1. Check the internal temperature with a thermometer: Chicken thighs are ready to eat when the internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C.
2. Place chicken thighs on a plate and observe their color: Fully cooked chicken thighs should be opaque and have no pink or red coloring.
3. Look at the juices running off of them: When fully cooked, boneless chicken thighs will release clear juices when pierced with a fork.
4. Examine the texture of the meat: Raw chicken has a slippery texture, while cooked chicken should feel firm but still tender to the touch.
5. Cut through one of the pieces: If it is raw, you’ll see red or pinkish flesh; if it is done, it will be entirely white or brownish-white in color.
6. Smell for an off odor: While some slight aroma is normal for poultry that has been cooked, any strong odors may indicate spoilage and should be discarded accordingly.
7. Taste a small portion before eating: If the chicken tastes rubbery or dry, it probably needs more time to cook; if it tastes moist and flavorful, then it’s likely done!
What to serve with BBQ boneless Chicken thighs?
1. To accompany BBQ boneless chicken thighs, serve a side of roasted/grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, summer squash, mushrooms, eggplant, and asparagus for a tasty and nutritious complement.
2. Try adding some zesty flavor with creamy coleslaw or fresh green salads like potato salad, Caesar salad, or mixed greens with a light dressing.
3. For a spicy kick, add a side of Mexican-style corn on the cob with chili powder and lime juice or salsa fresca with diced tomatoes and cilantro.
4. Give guests an extra crunchy accompaniment with crumbled baked sweet potatoes topped with toasted walnuts or pecans for a sweet twist on the traditional BBQ meal.
5. Add some bread to mop up the delicious sauces from the chicken – try freshly-baked garlic toast, sourdough rolls accented with herbs, or buttery biscuits for added flavor.
6. For a heartier option that doubles as a main course, cook up some cheesy polenta cakes flavored with sautéed vegetables and herbs alongside the chicken thighs for an unforgettable meal!
7. Satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth cravings by serving homemade peach cobbler or pineapple upside-down cake to complete the perfect BBQ feast!
What should you do with leftover BBQ Chicken Thighs?
1. Create a delicious and healthy chicken salad with the leftover BBQ Chicken Thighs by combining them with crisp lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, and other fresh vegetables of choice.
2. Make a tasty wrap or burrito by adding the cooked BBQ Chicken Thighs to a tortilla or flatbread along with cheese, guacamole, salsa, and other toppings.
3. Transform the leftovers into delectable chicken tacos by placing the shredded BBQ Chicken Thighs in warmed taco shells along with onions, peppers, cilantro, and other desired ingredients.
4. Prepare a delicious pot pie or homemade pizza topped with slices of BBQ Chicken Thighs for an easy meal that’s sure to please everyone at the table!
5. Whip up a flavor-packed chili using diced BBQ Chicken Thighs as well as red kidney beans and various spices for added zestiness.
6. Fry up some flavorful fritters made from mashed potatoes and the cooked BBQ Chicken Thighs for an unbeatable side dish during weeknight dinners!
7. Mix together diced BBQ Chicken Thighs with rice and sautéed vegetables for a one-pot meal that will satisfy any appetite!
8. Use the cooked meat to make scrumptious sandwiches that are sure to satisfy even picky eaters – layer ham, cheese, BBQ sauce, and diced onion on top of thick slices of bread filled with generous amounts of juicy chicken thigh pieces!
9. Add chopped pieces of BBQ Chicken Thighs to any soup recipe for extra protein and flavor – try it in a creamy potato soup or hearty split pea soup for the best results!
10. Put together an appetizing quesadilla by combining melted cheese and chunks of tender chicken thigh meat within two lightly buttered tortillas; serve these warm treats alongside sour cream and salsa or store-bought dip!
What is the best way to reheat BBQ boneless chicken thighs?
The best way to reheat BBQ boneless chicken thighs is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken thighs in a lightly greased baking dish, ensuring they are not overlapping. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or chicken broth to the bottom of the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking until internal temperature reaches 165°F and juices run clear when pierced with a fork. If desired, top with additional BBQ sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking time, watching carefully so that it does not burn. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- This will ensure that the chicken maintains its moisture and flavor while achieving a safe internal temperature for consumption.
Recipes for perfect BBQ boneless chicken thighs
Grilled honey-mustard BBQ chicken thighs
- Begin by marinating the boneless chicken thighs in a honey-mustard-based marinade, made with honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic cloves, chopped chives, and herbs of your choice.
- Place the chicken into a gallon-size resealable bag and pour the marinade over it. Let sit for 1-2 hours and then preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken thighs for 8-10 minutes per side until cooked through and golden brown. Serve with your favorite sides such as coleslaw or potato salad.
Spicy grilled BBQ boneless chicken thighs
Start by combining a variety of spices in a bowl including ground cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
Generously season both sides of each chicken thigh with the spice mix before grilling on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes per side until cooked through and golden brown. Serve with grilled vegetables such as peppers and onions or cauliflower rice for a tasty meal.
Beer brined BBQ boneless chicken thighs
- Begin by making an easy beer brine using 3 cups of your favorite beer combined with 1/4 cup kosher salt and flavorful spices such as garlic powder, smoked paprika, and thyme sprigs inside a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the boneless chicken thighs to the mixture, cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours but no more than 24 hours. Preheat grill to medium heat
- Remove chicken from the brine mixture discarding any remaining brine liquid before placing it onto preheated grill grates directly over the flame for 8-10 minutes on each side until cooked through then serve with your favorite sides such as creamy mashed potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes a delicious dinner idea!
Marinated BBQ boneless chicken thighs
Start by making an easy marinade using ingredients such as Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, and garlic cloves minced finely along with some brown sugar which helps enhance the sweetness of all other flavors while also adding caramelization to grilled food items while they cook away on the hot grates
Balsamic glazed BBQ boneless chicken thighs
Balsamic Glazed BBQ Chicken Thighs is a delightful meal that is sure to tantalize the taste buds. Made with succulent chicken thighs, marinated in a blend of balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, garlic, oregano, rosemary, smoked paprika, honey, and olive oil; these tender and flavorful morsels are then flame broiled to perfection.
TIPS for cooking amazing BBQ boneless chicken thighs?
1. Start by selecting fresh and juicy boneless chicken thighs for the best BBQ taste. Look for skinless and natural options, which have a higher meat content than pre-marinated or processed options.
2. Prepare a marinade or flavor rub of your choice to add an extra layer of flavor to the chicken thighs. Make sure the marinade has fully coated the chicken before BBQing them to ensure they are evenly seasoned.
3. Heat up your BBQ grill before adding in your chicken thighs to prevent them from sticking onto the grates and burning easily. Be careful not to heat up the grill too much so that you can cook the thighs at low temperatures to keep them tender and juicy.
4. Use tongs (or a spatula) to flip over each piece of chicken thigh carefully after 4-5 minutes on each side, ensuring they are cooked evenly throughout without burning them. To test if they’re done, use a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh – if it reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit, then it’s done!
5. As an alternative method, you can also wrap your boneless chicken thighs in aluminum foil with oil, pepper, and other spices then place them directly onto the barbecue grates for about 20 minutes or until cooked through at around 350 degrees Fahrenheit with indirect heat; this will add more moisture and juiciness into each piece!
6. For an extra bit of smokiness, add some wood chips or chunks into your charcoal while cooking; however make sure that you soak it at least one hour before using so that it does not burn quickly or change the flavor drastically!
7. Allow the boneless chicken thighs some resting time after cooking for about 10 minutes as this will help retain their juiciness when served later on! Enjoy your amazing BBQ boneless chicken thighs with friends and family!
Do BBQ boneless skinless chicken thighs cook faster?
The answer is yes! In fact, compared to other cuts of chicken, such as whole chickens and legs, boneless skinless thighs are noticeably quicker to prepare. This is because they have a much smaller surface-area-to-volume ratio than their more bony counterparts.
Is it better to cook BBQ boneless chicken thighs fast or slow?
This is a question that many people ask themselves when trying to decide how best to prepare this popular meat. The answer will vary depending on the type of meal you’re planning and the degree of tenderness you’d like in your finished product.
So next time you’re having a cookout, don’t forget the BBQ boneless chicken thighs! They’re sure to be a hit with your friends and family. And who knows, maybe they’ll even ask for seconds.