Are you looking for a foolproof way to cook chicken on a Blackstone Griddle? If so, then this guide is perfect for you! We will provide detailed steps and tips on how to cook the perfect chicken every time. With our instructions, you’ll be able to master the heat of your griddle and get juicy, flavorful results with ease.
Plus, we’ll give helpful advice on how to clean up afterward so that all that’s left is delicious memories from your meal. So let’s get started learning how to cook chicken on blackstone griddle!
How to cook chicken on blackstone griddle?
Step 1: Preheat the Blackstone Griddle to 450°F. Place the chicken on the preheated griddle.
Step 2: Season the chicken with your desired seasonings. Whatever seasoning you prefer to use can work, but for a great flavor try using a combination of herbs such as oregano, thyme, black pepper and garlic powder.
Step 3: Cook the chicken for 8 to 12 minutes per side. Flip it once while cooking to ensure even cooking throughout. You will know it’s done when the juices run clear or an internal thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast.
Step 4: Remove from heat and let the chicken rest covered in foil for 10 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to reabsorb into the meat for maximum flavor and juiciness!
Step 5: Serve your delicious cooked grilled chicken with a side of vegetables or salad and enjoy!
How to cook chicken breast on blackstone?
Step 1: Start by prepping your chicken. Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with a paper towel. Season them with the desired spices, herbs, or seasonings of your choice.
Step 2: Heat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat (around 375 degrees Fahrenheit).
Step 3: Place the chicken breasts on the hot surface and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side until lightly browned. Flip the chicken over and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
Step 4: Once both sides are seared, reduce the Blackstone’s heat to medium-low (around 300 degrees Fahrenheit). Cover it with a lid to keep in moisture and allow indirect heat to cook through without drying out or burning. Check every few minutes to ensure that it is not cooking too quickly or too slowly.
Step 5: After about 10 minutes, check for doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of each breast. The internal temperature should read 170 degrees Fahrenheit for cooked-through chicken that is still juicy and tender. If needed adjust heat accordingly so as not to over or undercook your meal.
Step 6: When done, remove from the griddle, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
How to cook bone-in chicken on Blackstone griddle?
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Cook Bone-in Chicken on a Blackstone Griddle
1. Set up the griddle: If you have just bought your Blackstone griddle, start by preheating it to a medium-high heat of around 400°F. Place the griddle flat on a stable surface such as an outdoor kitchen countertop or tabletop.
Place a layer of oil or butter across the entire cooking surface and spread it out evenly with a spatula or paper towel.
2. Prepare the chicken: Before placing the chicken pieces onto the cooking surface, season them generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any other desired herbs and spices. This will give your cooked chicken additional flavor when you’re finished cooking!
3. Place the chicken onto the griddle: Arrange bone-in chicken pieces into an even layer on top of the oiled griddle surface. Make sure that none of them are overlapping each other and that there is enough space between each piece for the circulation of heat.
4. Flip the chicken when necessary: Depending on how thick each piece is, you might need to flip them after about seven minutes or so, depending on how hot your griddle is set and also how thickly you’ve seasoned each piece.
Keep flipping them every seven minutes or so until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F when tested with a meat thermometer in their thickest part—usually, this will take anywhere from 15–20 minutes total!
5. Resting time: Once your bone-in chicken pieces have reached 165°F internally, take them off the griddle and place them onto a plate lined with paper towels to rest for five minutes before serving. This resting period allows all those delicious flavors to absorb fully into your cooked dishes! Enjoy!
How to cook BBQ chicken on Blackstone?
Step 1: Preheat the Blackstone by turning on all 30,000 BTUs and allowing it to reach 400-450 degrees.
Step 2: Clean the Blackstone griddle surface with a slightly damp cloth or paper towel. Once the griddle is clean, oil the surface lightly with cooking oil to prevent sticking. This can be done with a pastry brush or rag.
Step 3: Place the chicken pieces onto the preheated griddle. If you are using bone-in chicken, make sure that the bone side is down first before flipping it over to cook on both sides.
Step 4: Monitor the temperature of your griddle and adjust as needed since different cuts of chicken can require higher and lower temperatures for proper cooking times.
Step 5: Flip the chicken frequently for an even cook on both sides. As you flip the chicken, move it around so that different sections of your griddle receive heat from beneath and thus properly cook your meat.
Step 6: After 8 minutes of cooking, check if your BBQ chicken is done by using a thermometer to ensure that it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit in its thickest part (without touching any bones). If necessary, continue cooking for another few minutes until it reaches this temperature.
Step 7: Once your BBQ chicken is cooked properly, place it onto a plate lined with paper towels to help absorb any extra fat and oil residue left behind after cooking. Allow your food to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving so that juices are reabsorbed into the meat fibers and flavors intensify – this will make for tastier results!
How to cook chicken on the flat top griddle?
Step 1: Preheat a flat top griddle to medium-high heat (about 375-400°F).
Step 2: Prepare the chicken. Cut the chicken into thin strips and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Alternatively, you can marinate the chicken overnight in your favorite spices.
Step 3: Heat some oil on the griddle. Place some cooking oil onto the griddle and allow it to heat up before adding any ingredients.
Step 4: Place the chicken on the griddle. Arrange the strips of chicken on the surface of the grill in a single layer so that they are evenly spread out and not overlapping one another.
Step 5: Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Note that due to its thinness, it is possible for chicken cooked on a flat top griddle to overcook quickly, so be sure to keep an eye on it as you cook!
Step 6: Flip over and cook for about two more minutes before removing from heat. Use tongs or a spatula to ensure that all sides are fully cooked.
Step 7: Let rest for three to five minutes before serving warm with your favorite side dishes or toppings. Enjoy!
Tips to make the best-grilled chicken on blackstone
1. Start by prepping the chicken: remove any excess fat and pat the meat dry with a paper towel.
2. Season both sides of the chicken with your favorite spices, such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, or paprika.
3. Place the chicken onto the heated Blackstone griddle and let it cook for a few minutes on each side until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. If you want some crispy skin, you can brush some olive oil onto the surface of the chicken before cooking it.
4. Flip the chicken over regularly to ensure that it cooks evenly on both sides and doesn’t burn.
5. Move the cooked chicken to a clean plate to rest while you prepare your favorite accompaniments (vegetables are a great option!)
6. Once all your accompaniments are cooked and ready to be served, put the grilled chicken back onto the Blackstone griddle for a few minutes to reheat it before serving!
Suggest some delicious Blackstone chicken recipes
1. Grilled Chicken & Bacon Sandwich: A classic dish made with marinated chicken, crisp bacon, and melted cheese on a toasted bun. Topped with lettuce, tomato, and your favorite condiments.
2. Blackstone Chicken Sliders: Bite-sized sliders made with juicy chicken patties and served on mini buns. Sprinkle with garlic salt for extra flavor!
3. Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders: Crunchy chicken tenders are fried in a light coating of buttermilk and cayenne pepper for a zesty kick! Enjoy them plain or dipped in your favorite sauce.
4. Buffalo-Style Chicken Wings: Spicy wings that are deep-fried and coated in a tangy buffalo sauce—perfect for game-day snacking!
5. Honey Garlic Glazed Chicken Breasts: Succulent chicken breasts smothered in our homemade honey garlic glaze, roasted to perfection and served over creamy mashed potatoes or rice.
6. Bacon Ranch Baked Chicken Thighs: Tender thighs baked in bacon fat and smothered in ranch dressing for an unforgettable combo of flavors that will have you coming back for more!
7. Teriyaki Chicken Skewers: Juicy chunks of dark meat marinated overnight and then grilled on skewers—a perfect blend of sweet, salty, and savory goodness!
8. Flat top griddle chicken recipes: Flat top griddle chicken is a popular dish often served in diners and fast-food restaurants across the United States. The chicken is cooked on a flat-top griddle, which is a large, flat steel cooking surface heated to a high temperature.
The chicken pieces are lightly seasoned with salt and pepper before they are placed on the griddle and cooked until they are golden brown and juicy on the outside while remaining tender and succulent on the inside.
9. Chicken fajita Blackstone recipes: Chicken Fajita Blackstone is a restaurant-grade dish that has become increasingly popular over the last few years.
The dish consists of grilled chicken and vegetables, cooked with a blend of spices, and served on a bed of warm tortillas. It is typically served with guacamole, sour cream and salsa on the side. It’s a great option for those who want to enjoy some Mexican-inspired cuisine without having to pay the hefty price tag that usually comes with it.
10. Hibachi chicken recipe Blackstone: Blackstone hibachi chicken is an amazing Japanese dish that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. This dish consists of succulent grilled chicken thighs marinated in a flavorful blend of ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
The chicken is then stir-fried with an array of colorful vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Finally, it’s served atop a bed of steamed white rice flavored with a hint of sweet mirin sauce.
What are the best chicken recipes for blackstone griddle?
One of the best chicken recipes for Blackstone griddle is the classic grilled chicken. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and can be adapted depending on your preferences.
- First, you will need to gather your ingredients. You’ll need boneless and skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, parsley flakes, and butter or margarine.
- Once all of these items are gathered and prepped for cooking, the chicken can be cooked on a medium heat setting on the Blackstone griddle.
- To start, you will want to season each side of the chicken with a generous helping of salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Then lightly drizzle with some olive oil before adding the butter or margarine to help keep it from sticking to the griddle surface.
- When you have everything in place on the griddle you’ll want to let it cook until it’s golden brown and cooked thoroughly – about 8-10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Once fully cooked thoroughly you can enjoy it as is or top it with some melted cheese such as mozzarella or cheddar and serve it with a side salad or vegetable dish.
Grilled Chicken made on a Blackstone Griddle is always succulent and juicy due to its superior heat retention capabilities which help lock in moisture better than other cooking devices. It’s also an incredibly versatile meal that can be spiced up with various flavor combinations like Cajun spices or Teriyaki sauce for an Asian twist!
Can you cook raw chicken on a griddle?
Cooking raw chicken on a griddle can be a great way to get the perfect sear while still keeping the chicken juicy and tender. Griddling chicken is not only easy to do but also yields delicious restaurant-quality results.
- Before beginning, it’s important to make sure the griddle has been properly preheated and all of the necessary supplies are readily available.
- Once this is done, you’ll need to prepare your chicken by trimming off any excess fat and seasoning it with salt, pepper, herbs, spices, or other seasonings of your choice.
- Place the seasoned pieces on the hot surface of your griddle and let cook for several minutes until golden brown before flipping over.
- Depending on how thick or thin your cuts are, you may need up to 10 minutes of cooking time per side for the chicken to be cooked through. To ensure that the griddle stays hot throughout cooking, avoid overcrowding and keep flipping regularly.
- When finished cooking, let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving for maximum juiciness. Enjoy!
Can you fry chicken on a Blackstone griddle?
Yes, you can fry chicken on a Blackstone griddle! This versatile kitchen tool is great for making all kinds of dishes, including fried chicken. It’s ideal for frying because the large flat surface of the griddle ensures an even heat distribution.
Plus, the adjustable temperature control allows you to get the perfect crispiness and taste. When using a Blackstone griddle to fry chicken, it’s important to use enough oil or butter so that the chicken pieces don’t stick to the surface.
You’ll also want to make sure that your griddle is hot enough before adding your ingredients – too low of a temperature won’t give you the desired result.
Once everything is ready, simply add your seasoned chicken pieces and let them cook until they’re golden brown – flipping them once during the cooking time will give an even result.
With a Blackstone griddle, frying up some delicious crispy chicken has never been easier!
How do you know when chicken is done on a griddle?
1. When you can insert a meat thermometer and the internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit, your chicken is done.
2. The juices should run clear when pierced with a knife or fork.
3. If the chicken has been coated in breadcrumbs or batter, it will be golden brown when cooked through.
4. You may also notice that the griddle’s surface around the chicken darkens as it cooks through due to caramelization and Maillard reactions that occur at high temperatures.
5. For boneless, skinless pieces of chicken, they should feel firm to the touch when cooked all the way through; if they feel soft or yielding, they may not be finished yet.
6. The juices released from the chicken should have an opaque appearance rather than a pinkish hue indicative of undercooked chicken.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post and that it helped teach you how to cook chicken on Blackstone griddle. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!